http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Monday, June 10

Electronic Hoarding VS Life Enhancing

The other day as I was perusing the very dangerous time-suck that is Pinterest, I saw an e-card that talked about it just being another form of "electronic hoarding." 


After I laughed for a good ten seconds I pondered the thought and it really rang true for me.  How many things have I pinned with good intentions and then just completely forgotten about? Right then and there the decision came, no longer would I let time or a busy schedule be an excuse for me.  It's summer and those things were pinned for a reason, now to make them a reality!

My goal is to try and take some of the fun, creative and, unique ideas that have been pinned on my boards and turn them into realities.  Once I've done that I can move them from their board as a type of "spring cleaning" if you will.  They'll no longer be lurking in the dark, dusty corners of the internet but will become true, wonderful memories for myself and family... I'm sure some won't turn out as glamorous or wonderful as the thoughtfully crafted pictures have made them, but it's worth a shot!  

Sunday night after our daughter was sound asleep in her crib, I made my way outside to turn this dream into a reality.  We recently bought a pool from Walmart for Callie's first birthday party and filled it with balls for a make-shift ball pit.  The pool was a huge success at the party and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a one-time-use kind of expense.  About a year ago I came across a photo of a pool filled with down comforters and pillows that read, "Night under the stars..." I grabbed the pillows from our guest bedroom along with a blanket (no way I was gonna get a down comforter to lay in outside, in June, in Texas...) and threw them in the pool (by-the-way, in case you didn't figure it out by now, there is no water in the pool at this time... It really is common sense, but sometimes you have to just come out and say it).

I then walked inside and grabbed Josh along with two ice cold beverages and returned to the pool.  I told him what I was doing and he jumped right on in, excited for something new.  When you've been married for nearly 4 years you have to become a little more creative for date ideas.  We laid in the pool bed for a good hour just looking at the clouds, talking about our weeks and enjoyed the peace and quiet (minus the thoughtful neighbor who decided 8:00 was a good time to edge their yard).

Overall it was a positive experience.  Super easy to clean up and definitely something we will do again.  I could even see myself doing this as a "go-to" place for devotions or quiet time.  I felt isolated even though we are in the middle of a busy neighborhood with five feet between each house.  My hope is that not only will our lives become more enhanced because of these great ideas, but that all of those hours spent on Pinterest won't be wasted time!  That's what it is there for, right?  So get up off of the couch, find that ONE thing you've been dying to try and then (as Nike put it so eloquently) JUST DO IT!  Oh and let me know how it goes! 




If you would like, you can follow my Pinterest boards here.


No comments: