http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Wednesday, June 23

June 2010

Wow!  It has been so long since I've posted that I'm actually having to go back and look at my calendar to see what's been going on lately.  That's pretty sad. :)

June has been an incredibly busy month so far.  We've had something going on every single weekend!  The first Friday I was able to go watch some friends play a show in Denton.  I never get the opportunity to go to concerts so it's been really fun to go out and watch them rock out.  Their show was incredible and I had a blast kicking tail in Foosball!  I thank my dad for my Foosball skills. Here are some pictures I snapped with my iPhone during their show.

The next day, Saturday, was Jamie's bridal shower here in Fort Worth.  It was great getting to spend time with grandparents and family and to see Jamie so happy.  Her wedding is just around the corner and I couldn't be more excited!


The following week was full of work and softball games.  Josh's team won first place this last season winning most of their games by run ruling the other teams.  The summer season should be starting up shortly- I've got my bottled water and sweat towel all lined up.  It's gonna be a hot one!

The second weekend in June I drove out to Keller to babysit my favorite kiddos over night.  Josh and Bekah have known me since I was about 12 years old.  When they had their first baby 9 years ago I was his very first babysitter.  It's fun that I still get to be a part of their lives.  They now have four precious kiddos.  Brogan- 9 years old, Callie- 5 years old, Addy- 4 years old, and Gavin who is about to turn two. We spend our days swimming, going to the park, coloring, building puzzles and hanging out.  It was a blast!!
Gavin at the pool
Addy and me on the swing
Gavin was all tuckered out after all the fun things we were doing

The next night Josh took me on a date to Outback and then we rented Alice in Wonderland.  I had been dying to see it when it came out in theatres and he never got around to taking me.  I was really surprised when he offered to go rent it.  The movie wasn't too bad, but the food and company were great!


The following Sunday my family and I went to see Wicked for the first time.  It was AMAZING!!!  Josh isn't really into the whole musical scene so he stayed home.  Boy did he miss out on a great night.  The musical was fantastic, I cannot wait to see it again!


Let's see... The following weekend Josh and I were a part of our friend's, Lee and Beth's, wedding.  Their rehearsal dinner took place at the Reata in downtown fort worth and was followed by drinks on the rooftop that night.  

Their wedding was the following day.  It was a BEAUTIFUL wedding and the reception followed at the Colonial Country Club.  Beth and her family did a fantastic job with all of the details and we were so honored to have been a part of their big day.

Amanda and me at the wedding
Beth and Lee cutting the groom's cake
Josh and me at the wedding
Beth and Lee leaving in style

Josh and I have been praying about our church home for quite some time now and recently made the decision to leave Trinity Chapel where we had been attending for about a year and a half.  It was a difficult decision for many reasons but mostly I was afraid that I wouldn't find a church that had an opportunity for me to serve in worship.  God is so good though and has proven to be faithful to us in our decision to follow his path.  We've been attending Travis Avenue Baptist Church now for about a month and doors have already been open for me to be able to serve.  Our friend Ashley Cook spoke with the music minister about my passion for singing and it wasn't two weeks later that I was meeting with him.  After talking about my journey and singing a little for him he decided to make me a part of the worship team.  This past Sunday, Father's Day, was my first time singing at Travis. 

It was a wonderful service and I had so much fun getting to serve.  It will definitely take some getting used to as it is completely different than TCBC, but I know that God has a plan and that He will see me through every step of the way if I'll just continue to give him the authority over my life. 
SO!  Needless to say we've been incredibly busy!  I have much more to write about but I think it would be safe to keep it for another post.  :) We're so thankful for all of the opportunities that have been placed in front of us and continue to count our blessings daily.  Thanks for keeping up with us!

No comments: