http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Wednesday, May 28

Baby Boy's Woodlands Nursery

When we found out our second baby was a boy I was at a complete loss at how to decorate the nursery.  Before getting pregnant I had this idea of making a vintage baseball nursery for him, but the more I searched for ideas and decorations I liked, the more I realized it wasn't really fitting with what I wanted.  As I browsed through hundreds and thousands of Pinterest pictures I came across the photo of a deer and it hit me... Woodlands!  Josh is a hunter and living in Texas we spend a lot of time outdoors.  As much as we love baseball and sports, I knew this little boy would love nature just as much as we do and just like that, the decision was made. 

I wanted to stay away from the "baby" woodlands themes that are out there.  I wasn't really feeling the theme-y nurseries and just wanted it to be something that would grow with him, kind of like we did with Callie's room. We found this gorgeous steel blue paint color and I fell in love!  We knew that there had to be trees somewhere in the room, and with Callie we just painted one, but when I saw these Sissy Little tree vinals on Zulily I HAD to have them!  They went on so easily and I absolutely adore the way they look against the paint color. From there we found some simple, white furniture and everything else just fell into place! 


The deer paintings above his crib were actually made my a friend of my mother-in-law.  I found something very similar on Pinterest but they cost more than I was willing to spend.  She did such an incredible job recreating them, I was blown away!! 



Josh got his woodwork on and covered a small wall in the room with wood to add to the overall outdoorsy feel and I am obsessed with the final product!  We still have to add white trim and some shelves/pictures but when your baby comes 7 weeks early it's a little difficult to have the nursery finished in time!  The wall was super simple, just cut these boards from Lowes to size, nail them to the wall and then stain! 


 
This absolutely adorable owl pillow was inspired by another Pinterest find.  Again, I couldn't bare to spend that much money on something I knew I could make for less.  This pillow sells on Etsy for over $40 and I was able to make it for less than $15!  It really completes the room, don't you think?  Then I added a chevron crocheted blanket to the chair, thank you 9 weeks of bed rest for the time to make such goodies! 




Right now his shelves are still just holding random items from his baby shower and other crochet projects from bed rest, but eventually they'll have pictures and books on them. :)  Eventually...




As a baby boy born in Texas we had to get him his first gun... granted it doesn't work and is hung high over the closet doors, but I love how it goes with the hunting/woodlands theme!



I need to get pictures of his curtains and the finished wood wall, but haven't found the time to do so.  Maybe I'll attempt to do that this weekend and add them here for you, too!  Until then you can find links to most of the items that were purchased or used as inspiration for DIY projects in the nursery below.  And if you'd like you can follow me on Pinterest to see more inspirations that didn't make it into the final product. :)

Deer paintings - Etsy (inspiration)
Owl Pillow - Etsy (inspiration)
Bedding
Crib
post signature

No comments: