Two years... Seriously? I can't believe I'm old enough to be a mommy, let alone a mommy to a little girl! Callie, you are no longer mommy's little baby... You're officially a toddler and sometimes I have to pinch myself to be reminded that you're actually mine!
Weight: 23 pounds 6 ounces
Height: 33.5 inches
Head circumference: 47.5 cm
Percentile: 43 % in height, 11% in weight and 51% for head circumference. You are just like mommy was growing up. Tall and thin!
Eating schedule: You have become the pickiest little eater. Long gone are the days when you ate everything we put in front of you... Now we are lucky if we can get you to eat three balanced meals. Mostly you're a fan of crackers and cheese. We actually have to limit the amount of cheese you get in your diet to keep you from getting backed up. You LOVE breakfast and are asking to eat before you even get out of your room in the mornings. "EATY?!" "Bars" (nutragrain bars) are your preferred breakfast. You eat breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rarely do we give you snacks as an attempt to get you to eat more during meal time. :)
Sleep: We couldn't ask for a better sleeper. Bath time starts at 7:00 and by 7:30 you're in bed. No matter what time you go to bed you'll always wake up around 7 or 7:30 in the morning. You still sleep in a crib because you've never tried busting out! Once your brother is sleeping through the night you'll be upgraded to a toddler bed.
Favorite things:You have these little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse figures that you're simply obsessed with. Anything little that you can fit into cups, buckets, baskets or Daddy's hands is your favorite thing. You love reading books, especially Brown Bear and your Bible (you always try to find the picture of Moses in the basket and say "baby!"). You are our little dancer girl, seriously any time you hear music your little knees start bouncing and your elbows wave around in the air. It's simply adorable watching you dance! Playing baby with your many baby dolls is also a favorite pass time - you're a great little momma (and big sister!). Other favorites are the "wee" (slide), playing outside, baths, craisins, your kitchen and anything that has to do with spending time with your family.
Milestones: Praise the Lord almighty, you are potty trained! At 23 months you decided it was time. We did the 3 day potty training technique and by day two you had it down! We couldn't be more proud of you. You still have accidents now and then (and I swear each time I'm gonna lose my mind) but for the most part you've got it completely down! Your vocabulary is through the roof and you talk NONSTOP... unless we try to get you to show off in front of other people - then you get uber shy and don't say a single word. Thanks a lot for that, kid. :) Here are a few of our favorite things you say:
- You call going potty "Shoo-Shoo"
- When you ask to eat you still sign "eat" and say "EATY!"
- You call Riley "Kiki" and love yelling at Charlie "CHAR-CHAR!"
- You call the slide and swings a "wee"
- "I got-chew!" Something Mommy says to brother when he's crying that you now say when we hold you over the potty or when you're playing with babies.
- "Hold you?" or "I carry you!" is how you ask to be held or carried.
- You call daddy's boots "boops"
- Boobies are "Boo-Boos" and you enjoy pointing them out any time you can...
- You call your crib a "ni-night"
- Jesus Loves Me is your favorite bed time song, but if we try to sing it at any other time you throw your hand up and say, "NO NO NO!"
- Family names that you've changed are "Kinsey" (Kinsley), "Hime" (Aunt Jamie), "Melame" (Aunt Melanie)
- Watermelon - "Water-melame" - see above for Melanie :)
- When we gave you new sheets for your bed I asked if you liked them and now every time you see them you say, "I LIKE IT!"
Clothing/Diaper size: You wear 18 month pants/skirts/shorts and a 2T for shirts and dresses. Thank goodness you're no longer in diapers, but you finished in size 3. Now you wear big girl panties in size 2T.
Callie-Girl we are so proud to call you daughter and love you more as each day passes. Though we have moments of frustrations - terrible twos are on their way - just a simple hug or "I love you" from you makes it all disappear. You've really grown into an incredible big sister and had no issues when Kellan joined our family. Your heart for others and ability to show empathy is incredible for your age, you always give hugs when someone is hurt and try to make them feel better with lots of kisses and hugs. It has been our absolute pleasure watching you turn into a little girl and we cannot wait to see what this next year has in store! Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter and sister, we love you to pieces - more than you'll ever know!!