http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Monday, November 29

End of the Year / Christmas Letter


To our loved ones,
           
      We cannot believe that it has been over a year since we said, “I do.”  This past year has been full of amazing times, unexpected obstacles and lots of wonderful memories.  Now that life has started to settle into a semi- normal routine we decided to start the tradition of a Christmas/ End of the Year letter. 

   

     We have heard so much about what to expect in the first year of marriage and I must say that no matter how many preparations you take, or how much advice you’re given you will still run into things that completely throw you off!  I am really blessed to have a husband as wonderful as Josh.  He is the cleanest, most organized man I’ve ever met.  I thought, in the beginning, that I’d be the one nagging to him about putting the toilet seat down.  I quickly learned that this was not the case when he approached me soon after our wedding and asked very sweetly, “Honey?  Do you think that you could remember to put the toilet LID down when you’re finished?”  I was shocked… Now it’s become a habit for me and no matter where I go I have to put the lid down on the toilet.  He is incredibly helpful around the house, always helping with dishes, laundry and everyday cleaning.  I honestly cannot believe how blessed I am to have gotten such a wonderful husband. 
            
     Early in the year we made the decision to change churches and started attending Travis Avenue Baptist Church here in Fort Worth.  God has been so amazing and has provided so many opportunities for us in the church.  I quickly became a member of the praise and worship team for the early service and am loving being able to sing praises to our Lord and share the gifts that He has given me.  Recently I was approached about becoming the Pre-K choir director and I said yes without hesitation.  These little 4-5 year olds are so amazing and I am beyond proud of how wonderful they are doing.  Our first concert will be December 5th and we are all looking forward to it!  Josh has been playing on the church’s softball team for a few years now and I really enjoy going to every game and cheering the team on.  They even took first place in the spring league this year!  I can’t help but yell out, “That’s my husband!” every time he hits one over the fence.  I’m definitely proud of him.



I’ve had a few health struggles this year.  A surgery in April and lots of doctor visits, but I think that finally, after much trial and error and testing we have gotten things taken care of.   God has been so wonderful and we really appreciate all of the prayers from each and every one of you.  We’re praying that my health continues to improve and that we’re done with doctor and hospital visits for a while. 

Earlier this year our whole family was blessed as my brother and sister-in-law moved to Texas from North Carolina.  They found out that they were expecting their first child and our whole family’s excitement was through the roof.  On October 25th, Matthew Ross Koch was brought into this world.  He weighed in at 6lbs 14oz and was 19 inches long.  He has beautiful blue eyes just like his daddy and he has Melanie’s nose and mouth.  I am thoroughly enjoying being an Aunt and could not love little Matty any more than I do.




Josh's sister also had a big year this year!  She was married this past summer and the wedding was beautiful.  She and Kenneth are now in the process of building a home here in Fort Worth and are really enjoying their marriage.  We love having them so close by!



Josh and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary by traveling to Destin, Florida for a week.  The weather was incredible and we even got to catch up with some friends that we hadn’t seen in over a year.  Unfortunately we were only able to swim in the ocean one day as there were jelly fish, man o war, and high tide every other day we were there.  I had my first jelly fish experience and was stung twice in one day!  We really enjoyed our time together and looking back over the past year. 






With as many wonderful things that God has given to us this year we have also had to experience some of the most difficult moments in our life together as well.  Late this summer Josh’s Papa went to Heaven to be with our Lord.  He had been ill for over a year and God was finally calling him home.  Papa was one of the strongest, most genuine, loving men I had ever had the pleasure of knowing.  Josh was especially close to him and everyone misses him deeply.  We are confident in knowing that he is up in Heaven looking over each and every one of us and were blessed to have had him in our lives.  Not a day goes by that we don’t think about him.
  

 
We are really looking forward to all of the things that God has in store for us this next year.  I can already tell you that there will be many exciting new changes in our lives (no, not babies just yet :) ) and we look forward to sharing them all with each of you.
           
           We pray that this past year has shown you many blessings and that your Holiday season is full of family, friends and lots of love and laughter.  Thank you for your continued prayers and support for Josh and me.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  God is good, all of the time.

With all of our love,
Josh and Nicki

2 comments:

Bethany DuBose said...

Love this post!!!!

Carolyn said...

I loved your Christmas card but love even more your Christmas letter! I regret we didn't get to have our fall get-together. Hope to see you soon. God bless you in the coming year. I love you both!

Great Aunt Carolyn