http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Tuesday, January 4

A New Year

This is the first year that I didn't sit down and write my resolutions and goals on paper. 

If you've kept up with my blog for a while you read my goals from last year.

Goal number one: Learn to play the guitar.
CHECK!  Josh got me a guitar for my birthday last year and I've been working all year, I absolutely love playing and it's been a wonderful way to relax and keep my mind busy.

Goal number two: Spend more time with family.
CHECK!  Tony and Mel moved to Texas which made this so much easier.  This past year was spent enjoying my family to the fullest.  I was able to get to know my sister (Mel) for the first time and watch my other sister (Athena) as she went from a "child" to a Freshman.  I grew closer to my parents and I cherish every single second of that time with them.

Goal number three: More Daddy / Daughter dates.
CHECK!  I am very happy to say that this goal was accomplished last year.  Not quite as many as I wish I had done looking back, but we shared some wonderful dates together.  We went to Mimi's Cafe, Starbucks, and Rio Mambo a couple of times.   Each one was special, learning something more about my dad.  He was the best listener I knew.  I could rant and rave or cry and whine, he would hold it all so purposefully.  I will miss those dates this year.


Goal number four:  Get to know my "new" family better.
CHECK!  I've grown so close to the Morgans this year.  Be it through celebrations; Jamie and Kenneth's wedding, or tragedies; experiencing Papa and Dad's deaths...  With each new month I learned and loved even more.

Goal number five: Embrace my friendships.
I have to say I could have done better with this.  I've struggled with being a consistent friend.  Phone calls didn't happen as often as I would have liked and there were far to few get togethers.  Perhaps this can make the list again in 2011... In fact, it has.  Officially. :)

Goal number six: Be the wife that God intended me to be.
Again...  I feel like this goal was not met the way I had intended.  I know that I'm not perfect, but I haven't been as wonderful of a wife as I would have liked to have been.  I still have so much learning and growing to do and am praying Josh stays patient with me as it happens.

And last but not least...

Goal number seven: Spend more time with the Lord.
This would be a half check... I do feel that my relationship with the Lord has grown stronger over the past year.  It is nowhere near where I need to be, but I don't think a true Christian ever stops growing.  On my post last year I wrote this: He has something planned for me this next year- I don't know what it is, but I know that when it arises I want to be prepared. My goal is to spend more time with Him and less time with technology. That may mean less photos uploaded, less Facebook statuses to read, and less time watching my favorite shows... but it also means a stronger relationship with my Father, wisdom to do what is right in every situation, and the strength to continue walking despite the difficulties that I may face... And that, to me, is SO worth it. I could have never imagined the unexplainable pain I was to face in 2010 when this was written.  But I am overjoyed that the Lord has been by my side through it all.  He has continued to be my strength and my shelter, and for that I am beyond thankful. 

I must say... Not too shabby on the fulfilling of goals in 2010.  The year sure didn't turn out the way I had expected, not in the least.  But I am still happy that I survived one more.  I can't seem to make goals for myself right now.  Getting up every morning is enough of a task on its own.  I think last year's goals were quite good, so maybe this year I will just strive to outdo myself with those goals in mind. 

One of my dad's closest friends sent me an email last night.  I was blessed to learn something new about my dad and he shared a quote from Neil Gaiman (someone he apparently loved) with me.  I'll end with that.
May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.
 Here's to a new year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheers! - ash Massie

Anonymous said...

You are such a beautiful young woman, and may all your dreams and plans come true this year. I love you and Josh! Great Aunt Carolyn