http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Tuesday, March 16

The Ups and Downs of Life

This past weekend was an emotional roller coaster for me.  Funeral on Friday, Wedding on Saturday.  Needless to say, I cried a lot.

Mark is the music director at our church, I sing in the band with him on Sundays.  This past weekend he got married to Maggie, the love of his life.  Their wedding was the most beatiful, spiritual and asthetically pleasing wedding I've ever attended (second to my own, hehe).  Mark and Maggie are an adorable couple and their lives exemplify the love of Christ so well.  There were, what seemed like, thousands of people in attendance at their wedding, a live band at the ceremony and their reception was unlike any other I've ever been to.  There were couches and lounge areas, a photobooth, deserts and candy everywhere you looked and the love was so thick in the air.  It was a joy to be a part of their big day.

After the wedding Josh and I headed home for a quick change, grabbed Charlie and headed over to my folks' house.  I made dinner for the family and we all sat around talking like the good old days.  It was the first time my whole family *minus Melanie* sat around a table together in years.  It was as if we didn't miss a beat.  I haven't seen my dad light up like that in a long time, my mom was all smiles and i grinned every time I looked up and saw my brother smiling back at me. 

We introduced Tony to the game Settlers of Catan after dinner where I whooped up on everyone and won, despite their efforts to sabbotage me.  We decided to play one more game since the first one was just a warm up for Tony.  My better half won that game.  It was a Morgan domination night. :) 

Sunday morning my brother came to church and heard me sing for the first time in years.  I was giddy knowing he was in the congregation.  He makes my heart so happy!  After church we headed out for Josh's flag football game.  The weather was gorgeous and they won.  That afternoon Josh left to spend some time with his friend Lee for the evening so I packed up some things and headed to my parent's house for another afternoon of games.  Aparently my brother had spent a while online reading about Settler's strategy in hopes to beat us in the game.  It must have worked because just before I prepared to win he surprised us all and finished first!  Exhuasted from the time change and the emotional rollercoaster of a week I had experienced I called it an early night.  I was in bed at 6:00, woke up at 8:00 and stayed in bed until Josh got home at 10:00.  It was much needed rest.

Week 3 of working from home is going wonderfully.  The pets love having us home and staying in my robe most days is nice, too!

 (can you see Mr. Jealous in the background??)

I'm all typed out now... Time for a break. :)   Thanks for keeping up with us!

No comments: