http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Tuesday, March 2

Out With the Old, In With the New

Our company has been preparing for a change for the past few months.  We have been looking into different options for work space and after much research decided that we would co-locate our server and work from home.  Lots of questions ran through my mind when that was brought up.  I was mostly excited, but a little apprehensive.  Josh and I already work together and we handle it quite well, but to work together at our home.... This could be troublesome.  After much prayer and thought we finally decided it was a good idea.  So this past weekend we packed up our office and moved home.  We worked well into the evening Friday getting everything set up and did a little more moving and cleaning on Sunday.  We are officially settled in and mostly up and running. 

My set up in the guest bedroom:

 Josh's set up (above)

Our first day of work, Monday, was very trying.  Our internet wouldn't work in all of the rooms which caused for a day full of stress and frustration.  With the help of some friends we figured it out and are over the biggest hurdle.  Josh is in the office and I am set up in the guest bedroom.  It's nice being in different rooms because we still have our space, it's pretty much like it was at the old office.  Charlie is loving the fact that we're home because he isn't in his kennel all day long anymore.  We now have 3 computers at home with a total of 6 screens!  Phew.

Saturday was a gorgeous day here in Fort Worth.  It was the first time we all got outside and enjoyed the weather.  Charlie had WAY too much fun and picked up every single piece of dead grass he could in his coat.  See below...

 
I then had to brush him out.... 

 
Josh enjoyed the sun and took a few swings with his bat:

 
See how beautiful the sky was??!!
I also enjoyed a wonderful breakfast date with my Daddy.  He took me to Mimi's Cafe and we sat and talked all morning long.  It was much needed.  I am a very blessed lady to have two very incredible men in my life, a wonderful Dad AND husband.  :)

That night Josh spent some time with his friends playing Halo like the good old days while I went and hung out with some friends from church.  It was SO much fun getting to know them all better, we had pizza, great conversation and a very fun game of Settlers of Catan.  If you haven't played it, don't be intimidated by the way it looks, it's very fun and very easy to get the hang of.  :)  I would have won but my friend Shaun got to ten points right before me.  Had he waited one more round I would have taken it home!

 

Sunday after church I ran errands while Josh played flag football with the guys.  We also finished moving the rest of the filing cabinets from work.  That evening we drove out to Grapevine to celebrate one of my best friend's birthdays.  Jami turned 24 this past week and wanted to celebrate with friends and family at PF Chang's.  It was my first experience eating there and I really enjoyed it!
 
 
The birthday girl with her boyfriend, Matt.
The weekend was truly wonderful.  We also made our first furniture purchase this weekend.  On Saturday we ventured over to Haverty's and found our kitchen table!  It was delivered this morning.  We couldn't be happier with it.  It is PERFECT in our kitchen!  No more card table set up for us!


 
 
Next is painting and window treatments.  So much fun!!  
Good gracious... this has turned into a very long post.  Please forgive me!  I am almost done. 

Some more good news... My brother and his wife are officially moving to Texas!!!  It's been 8 years since our family has been together, I am so overjoyed that they will be starting this new chapter of their life here with us.  It's going to be such a wonderful journey, I cannot wait to have my brother back and to really get to know my sister-in-law.  Plus the added bonus of a new baby on October 11th!!!!  He will be here Saturday March 13th and Melanie will be joining us after her semester is finished in May.  I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures to come with their arrival!

That is enough yapping for today... :)  Until next time.
 

No comments: