http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Friday, March 16

She's Not Done Cooking Yet!

Well yesterday turned out to be quite the eventful day.  I met Josh and one of his coworkers for lunch at Pop's Burgers.  While we were eating I was experiencing more contractions than normal (which is between 18-25 a day for me).  I dropped them back off at work and as I made my way through traffic heading home my back started to ache pretty bad.  I called my doctor and after a brief conversation they told me to head to labor and delivery.  I turned around and grabbed Josh from work, he quietly and quickly drove me to the hospital where we eventually made our way to labor and delivery.

We got all comfy cozy in our room and hooked my belly up to the monitors.  It was really incredible to hear Callie's heartbeat and know that she was doing just fine.  After sitting there for a few minutes I felt a contraction coming on, I closed my eyes and started to breathe when the nurse saw it jump up on the screen.  It was the weirdest thing to actually see what I had been physically feeling for weeks.  They called my doctor and watched my contractions for quite some time.  After about an hour or so the nurse came back in and decided to take an fFN test.  She said after watching my contractions and how strong/close together they were she wanted to make sure I wasn't going into preterm labor.  This test basically looks for a certain protein that can tell them if you'll go into labor within the next two weeks.  A little while later she came in with some medicine for my back pain and a shot to stop contractions.  The medicine kicked in immediately and the strong contractions stopped (thank the Lord!).  A little while later she came in with wonderful news, the fFN test was negative!



After getting home and relaxing for a bit I only had a couple small contractions.  I'll be going back in next week to see my doctor to talk about getting on medication to keep me from having so many contractions.  We will be 28 weeks on Sunday, which means Callie is definitely not done cooking yet.  The nurse told us that she is looking like a 32 week old with how active she is which made me smile.  This little peanut is always moving, kicking and jabbing me.  I'll be sure to keep you all posted with any updates, thank you so much for all of your prayers and well wishes!

No comments: