http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Monday, March 12

Third Trimester!

Wow!  I'm not quite sure how we got to this point, things have really started flying by!  We are finally in our third trimester.

Things have been pretty busy around here lately.  School has been keeping me very tied down.  As the STAAR test approaches things at work continue to get more and more stressful.  I absolutely love teaching and my kids are a gift from God.  Though they are constantly challenging me I truly do love each and every one of them.  Josh's company recently took on a new customer which doubled their workload so he has been working longer hours as well.  When we are at home we tend to relax in front of the TV and I feel so old admitting this but, we try to be in bed every night by 8:00...  Yeah, it's sad.  But I'm telling y'all, pregnancy drains ya!

There have been a lot of really fun things going on in our lives outside of work.  Birthday parties, weekend getaways and even the birth of our new nephew, Andrew Evan Koch.  Here are a few pictures from some of the things that have been keeping us so busy.

Josh and me at my first hockey game ever!
 Watching Athena play basketball
 More painting in the nursery 



 Andrew's baby shower


 Camping in Glenwood with Matt and Jami






Andrew's Birth!  March 7, 2012
Painting with a twist for Jami's birthday 


Today we went in for my one hour glucose test and our 27 week check up.  Unfortunately, despite the amount of studying I did to prepare (hehe) I failed the test.  So now I will be going back up on Wednesday to take the THREE HOUR glucose test.  Let me tell you, I am not looking forward to being in a doctors office for three stinking hours.  Let's just hope I pass this time. :)  We were also able to have our first 3D sonogram today thanks to my mom!  We spent the better part of an hour staring at our little girl on the sonogram screen.  It was incredible the detail that thing picks up! Here are some of the pictures from our session. Thanks mom!!







Here are some bump update pictures... I really fell behind in blogging!  
{Weeks 20 & 21}
{Week 22 & 23}
{Week 24 & 25}
{Week 26 & 27}
how far along? 27 Weeks
how are you measuring? Callie is measuring right on track, 27 weeks.
size of baby? 13.6 to 14.8 inches and just over 2lbs
heartbeat? 138 bpm
total weight gain/loss? 15 lbs <--- EESH!
stretch marks? Nope!
sleep? Sleeping pretty well but I'm starting to have more back pain at night which definitely keeps me up.
best moment this week? Getting to see our sweet little girl today and enjoying my first spring break since 2004!
movement? Holy cow yes.  This baby moves constantly.  Sometimes I swear she is trying to bust out "Alien" style. 
food cravings? Still wanting carbs and sweets.
what i'm looking forward to: Enjoying the rest of my spring break and hopefully passing my three hour glucose test on Wednesday. 
how are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good these days.  After our last appointment I had lost weight so the doctor gave me some medication to help keep me from feeling so nauseous and it has helped a ton.  I also started taking medicine for reflux because it was getting so out of control.  Around 21 weeks I started having my first braxton hix contractions.  Since then they have gotten much more frequent and intense.  I'm currently averaging between 18-25 (ish) contractions a day.  This past Saturday I lost my mucus plug and the doctor has suggested that I stay off my feet as much as possible, which means no exercise and keeping my butt planted (which I've recently realized I am not good at what-so-ever).  All of this has been a little stressful as 27 weeks is definitely too early for our sweet girl to make an appearance.  Right now we are just praying for these contractions to lessen so we can keep her cooking just a bit longer. :)

As always, thank you for keeping up!  Sorry it took me so long to get an update out, crazy how life just keeps on passing right on by...  

1 comment:

cal+claire said...

Don't worry! Your plug can re-seal itself according to my birthing coach and does not always mean labor is imminent. Also, I have a million BH contractions and am still makin' it to 38 weeks. But the doctor is totally right that the more you are on your feet, the more likely things are to come early. Hang in there and get some rest!