http://www.bloglovin.com/frame?post=1229835027&group=0&frame_type=fb&blog=6154585&link=aHR0cDovL21vcmdhbnMyZGF5LmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzA3L3N0cm9uZy1nb2QuaHRtbA&click=0&user=0https://www.facebook.com/CallieMarieCreationshttp://instagram.com/nickilynne15#http://www.pinterest.com/nickilynne767/

Wednesday, December 30

Recent Happenings

Not only is Christmas the happiest time of the year, it is also the busiest!  I've done everything from Birthdays to graduation parties to sleepovers and movies... I just feel blessed to have family and friends to share all of those moments with.  Here's a run down of what we've been up to lately.

The weekend before Christmas Josh and some friends left for East Texas for a weekend hunting trip.  It was that weekend that we experienced our first nights apart.  You sleep by yourself for 23 years and then after nearly two months of sharing your bed you just can't sleep alone anymore!  What's up with that? 

So to keep myself sane I decided to ask one of my best friends, Jami, to come and spend the night with me.  Jami and I were roommates in college and our friendship has only gotten stronger iduring these past couple of years.  December 18th was also my Daddy's Birthday!  Jami got into town after lunch and we spent the afternoon relaxing on the couch and dozing off to an incredible nap.  Later that night we picked my sister up and headed to dinner before catching a movie with my parents.  Dad decided he wanted to see Avatar for his birthday.  I thought it was going to be kinda lame, but I love my Daddy very much so I decided to go anyway!  It turned out to be one of my favorite movies of all time.  It's a BEAUTIFULLY made film and I couldn't find anything I didn't like about it (minus a few profanities).  It was also the first 3D movie Jami and I had ever been to.



The next day our friend Josh Rollins graduated from college.  YAY JOSH!  So that night we all met up at Angie and Josh's apartment for some yummy dinner and watched the Cowboys game to celebrate.  We're so proud of you Josh!


 

Sunday morning after singing at church I drove out to McKinney where I met up with my dear friend Hillary.  We did a little antique shopping and then headed to her new home for the night.  Brian, Hillary's husband, is a great friend of Josh's and went on the hunting trip as well, so Hil and I planned a sleepover.  It was the first time I had gotten to see their new home and it was so beautiful!  Charlie tagged along and had so much fun playing with Elle.  I wish I would have gotten more pictures! 

That night Hillary and I decided to make Christmas cookies, little did we know it would take us a trip to 3 different stores just to find cookie dough!  They turned out pretty decent though and we had so much fun making them.  I had a little too much fun eating the cookie dough as I woke up the next morning hugging the toilet... Twice.  0:-) It was sure yummy though.  She also got me to watch Twilight for the first time ever.  It was a nice love story- but I still don't see why people get so worked up about it!



Monday afternoon Charlie and I loaded up the car and headed back home to wait for Josh.  Boy were we glad when he finally got home. :)  The boys had a great time hunting that weekend despite the fact that they didn't bring anything back with them- it's about the memories made though!  We were back on track and ready for our first Christmas as a family... But that's another post!

No comments: