After my post about leaving Facebook I received a lot of questions from friends and family about Instagram. Hopefully this post will answer those!
Instagram is a photography app for your phone. If you have a smart phone you can find this free app by searching in the app store for instagram. Here are the steps for smart phone users:
1. Open the app store on your smart phone.
2. In the search box, type in instagram.
3. Download the app to your phone.
4. Once the download has completed, open the app by tapping it once.
5. It is going to ask you to log in or create an account. For most of you you'll be creating an account. Don't fret- it is SUPER easy and doesn't cost you a thing. You'll just need to create a username and a password and then, walla!
6. Once you're logged in you'll see something that looks a little like this: (yours won't have my name or pictures... this is my profile view).
7. Click on the second tab at the bottom (kinda looks like a star). Once you're here you can enter a username in the search box at the top of the page.
8. Search for NickiLynne15 (this is my username). It will pull up my profile.
9. Click on "Follow" and it will send me a request to let you follow me. Once you've been approved you'll be able to view my photos in your feed (under the home button). Now you're done!
If you enjoy taking photos this is a GREAT app, just click on the button in the middle (camera). There are two tabs that I didn't mention. The speech bubble with the heart is where you can see comments or likes for photos you've taken. This is also where you would go to approve for people to follow your photo stream (make sure you put your profile as private if you don't want the whole world to see your pictures). The last tab is your profile. Pretty simple!
I know this seems like a lot of work, but it won't take you more than five minutes to do, promise! Once you've created a username you can also access instagram from your computer. I just discovered this yesterday and it's AWESOME. It's called webstagram... (click the link to go there) I'm not sure if you'll be able to view my feed without logging in, but if it will let you this link will take you directly to my picture feed by clicking here.
Hope this helps answer those questions... If it doesn't work or you need further explanation just let me know, send me a message! Good luck!